The tussle between Go First Airlines and Pratt and Whitney P&W) can now take a legal turn as the US jet manufacturer has defended itself against the budget airline’s claim that P&W is responsible for its financial condition and bankruptcy.
“Go First’s allegations that Pratt & Whitney is responsible for its financial condition are without merit. Pratt & Whitney will vigorously defend itself against Go’s claims, and is pursuing its own legal recourse,” a P&W spokesperson told ANI.
The airline, owned by the troubled Wadia Group, had earlier blamed P&W for the faulty engines that led to its ongoing financial crisis, and was later forced to file an involuntary bankruptcy petition.
Go First has cancelled all its flights till May 19 citing operational reasons, “Go First flights until 19th May 2023 are cancelled. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and request customers,” it had said in a statement.
On Wednesday, the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) admitted Go First’s plea for voluntary insolvency and admitted for the initiation of Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (CIRP) proceedings. NCLT has granted Go First protection under moratorium from recovery by lessors and lenders.